I love being in the mission field. I see miracles happen every day! There are so many moments of pure happiness in my companionship, with investigators and with the members. I would like to list some of my favorite things from the mission life:
1. It is a privilege to study the gospel every single day. Every day I study at least an hour for ´personal study´and at least an hour for ´companionship study´ (with Sister L!) I love interpreting scriptures from the Book of Mormon, reading talks from modern day prophets, practicing teaching the lessons from Preach my Gospel, and learning about Jesus Christ´s life in the Bible. My testimony is being strengthened a hundred fold by studying the gospel every day. I know more than ever that this gospel is true.
2. I love getting to know all of the members of the ward. There is such a variety of people in each different ward that I meet and the Irmãos are all just wonderful. There are some Irmãs (Irmã Nair) that will feed you lunch every single day (if need be) because they are just so charitable and kind.
3. I really like working out every morning. Sister L and I have started doing Zumba. We alternate Zumba with going running outside…okay so Sister L doesn´t like running much, but she tolerates it. Basically I run in circles around her (doing imaginary sprint intervals by myself) while she either walks or sits down. I´m sure we look super silly. Haha!
4. I love when the people we are teaching really open up their hearts and their minds to us. It is in this moment that I can really see the Spirit working in their lives to convert them to the restored gospel. I notice that they are being converted when they tell us about personal spiritual experiences they had. I love being a part of their conversion story. It truly is a privilege.
5. I love getting 8 hours of sleep. It is semi-rare, but it makes my day a whole lot better.
6. I love eating beans and rice. I´m not joking. I seriously love black beans with rice. The way they cook beans down here is unlike anything I´ve ever experienced in the States.
7. I love speaking Portuguese everyday with everyone. It is such a beautiful language! I feel that my skill with Portuguese is pretty good and that I have really been blessed by God with a good handle on the language. I am super grateful that I can communicate my feelings and ideas effectively in Portuguese. I struggle sometimes but I know that the Spirit will take the message to their hearts of the investigators even if I falter with words.
8. I love having fun with my companion, Sister L. She is a blast and I love all of the little jokes and funny things that happen to us.
9. I love sharing this gospel with the people of Brasil. This is a marvelous country with a rich culture. I hope to be able to help it in some way by helping the people of Brasil come closer to Christ through the restored gospel.
10. Eu amo ser missionária de A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Últimos Dias!!
P.S. I love all of you. Have a wonderful week yáll!